Just like taking your vehicle to the auto shop for an oil change – or prepping your lawn mower before using it for the first time each spring – your home’s AC unit also needs regular maintenance for it to operate properly.
Spring is just around the corner, and that means summer will be here before you know it. At Grove Heating & Cooling, we recommend an air conditioning tune up in the spring to get your HVAC system ready for the long, hot Maryland summer ahead. Our AC checklist will ensure your system is running smoothly.
Benefits of an Annual AC Tune Up
Your home’s air conditioning system sits idle for several months during the harsh winter – collecting snow, ice, water, dirt and debris. Don’t cross your fingers and hope the system magically works properly when you turn it on for the first time in the spring – be proactive!
A spring tune up before you switch on the unit decreases the chances of a break down. There are several benefits to having a NATE-certified technician from Grove Heating & Cooling inspect your system once per year, including the following:
- Warranty coverage. Many AC warranties require an annual service. Not doing so could void the warranty, which means you’ll have to foot the bill in case of a sudden break down.
- Fewer repairs. Inspecting the unit annually gives HVAC technicians an opportunity to diagnose the entire system, finding any underlying problems.
- System efficiency. An annual tune up means that the equipment is thoroughly cleaned. This allows the unit to run more efficiently – saving you money on your energy bill.
- Life expectancy. An AC unit that is regularly maintained can last several years longer than one that is neglected.
What’s Included in an AC Tune Up?
Over time, neglecting AC maintenance will cause a decline in the unit’s performance and an increase in energy use.
During our inspection, we check every area of the AC unit to make sure it’s in tip-top shape. The steps of our AC tune up varies based on the needs of each type of AC system. But our annual maintenance includes:
- Thorough system cleaning, including the system’s evaporator and condenser coils. The coils collect dirt over time, which can cause a reduction in airflow.
- Testing for refrigerant leaks.
- Checking that the right amount of refrigerant is being used.
- Analysis of the air delivery system.
- Sealing any duct leakage.
- Measuring airflow through the evaporator coil.
- Tightening connections and inspecting electrical terminals.
- Checking the blower motor, belts and other moving parts for wear.
- System malfunction check.
- Safety and efficiency inspection.
- And more!
Maintenance Memberships for Heating and Cooling Systems
Ensure your air conditioning unit receives the maintenance it needs each year with a maintenance membership from Grove Heating & Cooling.
We have several maintenance plans to meet your needs. Our “prime” and “premium” memberships include two services per year – in the spring and fall. The packages provide priority service for you and discounts on diagnostics and repairs. You’ll also receive discounts on equipment replacement.
Schedule Your AC Tune Up
If you’ve already turned on your air conditioning unit for the season, don’t worry – it’s never too late to schedule a tune up to keep your system in good shape during the hot Maryland summer! Contact us today to schedule an appointment with one of our NATE-certified technicians.